Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Happy Birthday Brother Joseph!

Today is Joseph Smith's Birthday! Joseph Smith was the first prophet in this dispensation. He restored the Church of Jesus Christ here on the Earth through revelation. To learn more about his story, CLICK HERE.

To me it is much more than just a story. It is truth. I know I belong to the church that was on the Earth when Jesus lived. The organization of the church, the priesthood, the gospel principles and doctrines are of Christ. I have tried to share the Gospel and The Book of Mormon with many people. I have so many wonderful experiences and even difficult experiences from doing so. I know it is hard for some people to accept that there is "another Bible" that our church has. BUT that is not what it is. The Book of Mormon is not another Bible. It IS another Testament of Jesus Christ. The Bible and the Book of Mormon go hand in hand. They both testify of Jesus Christ, His Life and His Ministry. The Book of Mormon draws us in closer to Christ. Helps us live the way he would have us live. It invites the spirit into our lives because it is God's word. Joseph Smith did not write the Book of Mormon. He translated it by the Power of God. His story in incredible and I can't help feel moved and deep gratitude each time I hear his story and his testimony.

I'm so grateful for The Book of Mormon. There is a promise given to those who read The Book of Mormon from Marion G. Romney. I challenge all to test it out and see if this promise comes true for them. I KNOW it is a sure and true promise and I love that everyone has the access to their own devine revelation and get their own witness for themselves. After you read the promise think about this. Why wouldn't you want any of of these things in your life? And yet, ALL of these things can be given by doing this one simple thing. Read The Book of Mormon. Here is his promise.

“I feel certain that if, in our homes, parents will read from the Book of Mormon prayerfully and regularly, both by themselves and with their children, the spirit of that great book will come to permeate our homes and all who dwell therein. 

The spirit of reverence will increase; 

mutual respect and consideration for each other will grow. 

The spirit of contention will depart. 

Parents will counsel their children in greater love and wisdom. 

Children will be more responsive and submissive to the counsel of their parents. 

Righteousness will increase. 

Faith, hope, and charity—the pure love of Christ—will abound in our homes and lives, bringing in their wake peace, joy, and happiness” 
(in Conference Report, Apr. 1980, 90; or Ensign, May 1980, 67).

I'm so grateful for The Book of Mormon. Right now my family is reading in 3 Nephi and it is full of wonderful testimonies of Jesus Christ and the way we should live. We read about Samuel the Lamanite who stood upon a wall and called repentance while people in the city were trying to kill him by shooting arrows at him. He testified that Christ would be born and when He would the day would be light for a day, a night and a day. He testified of the birth of Christ and that He would be the Savior of the world. Those who believed him had to have great faith because when that time came and the sign had yet been shown, those who didn't believe, threatened to kill those who did, because the sign had not been shown. And yet, the sign did come. The Savior was born.

Those same people also experienced Christ death. Cities being drowned in the water, mountains falling, people falling into the earth. Thunder and Lightnings. Winds and basically all natural disasters that could possibly happen to kill the wicked. Then 3 days of complete darkness. Until the resurrected Savior came to the America continent and showed the people that he was the Savior of the World. They were able to feel of his hands and feet. He blessed them and taught them. He taught us the way we should live.   

There are many other great stories and testimonies in The Book of Mormon. I have questioned several times if these things could really happen? Is this really true? I know it is only because I have asked these questions. The way this Book has influenced me has literally changed my life. It brings me joy. Living the way God would have me live does bring me happiness. I absolutely love that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is on the Earth and that I am a member! I love that I can ask questions, search out answers and ponder such things. I'm grateful for personal revelation. It is okay to ask questions. Heavenly Father will answer your prayers. I get good feelings, my heart starts racing, or I feel at peace when I receive my answers. He is willing to give answers to those who ask. If you would like a FREE Book of Mormon you can click on that link to get one. It will change your life.

I'm grateful to Joseph Smith who gave his life to the building up of God's kingdom. I'm grateful for his sacrifices, along with his family, to give me what I have today. This I KNOW I have taken for granted MANY MANY times in my life. I have not always diligently read or appreciate what I have. I know I have taken the Gospel for granted. I know I am so blessed to be a member. To know what I know. To have the faith that I do. I'm so grateful for the covenants that I have made with my Heavenly Father. I know that I can live with Him again. I'm so grateful for these blessings. I grateful for the scriptures and the power it brings into my life. I'm grateful for the Holy Ghost and the promptings that I receive. I'm grateful for personal revelation. I'm grateful for a living prophet and for the priesthood in my home. I am blessed beyond measure.  

No comments: