Friday, December 11, 2015

I Love To See The Temple

Today I'm grateful for Temples of God here on Earth. We are so blessed to live so close and I'm excited to go there tonight. It is so beautiful and I love the feelings that I have after I leave. In the temple I'm reminded of the covenants that I have made with my Heavenly Father. The temple is a house of learning. I often come out of the temple with more questions, thoughts or feelings that I get to ponder and study. We learn about God's plan of Salvation in the temple and what this life is all about. We prepare ourselves for the future my improving our lives and dedicated ourselves to becoming better people. We believe that this is the Lord's house and that he dwells there. Though I have never personally seen Him, I know He is there. I have never felt so close to Heaven as I have inside this building. The temple gives me a renewed energy of hope in Christ atonement. It increases my faith in Jesus Christ. I love the spirit that I feel on the temple grounds and inside this wonderful building. I'm grateful for the temples that are located all around the world. Isn't it amazing that everyone who has the desire to go to the temple can do so (by living the standards that God has set of course)? We are so blessed. I can't wait for 7:00 to roll around. Also a grateful note to Michael and Kristen. They watch our children for us every month when we go. They are probably sick of us already but we are extremely grateful to them for doing so. Thank you for watching our kids every month!

A view from the front of the Albuquerque New Mexico Temple and the water fountain in the early evening, just after the lights have come on.Picture taken from www.lds.org

No comments: