This weekend we went into the city to stay with family and friends. We were planning only staying one night but a snow storm came in before we left town and the roads were bad. We decided to stay another night instead of risking getting stuck or injured. With our plans changed we were able to then leave Sunday morning. The roads were still really wet and really bad in some places coming home. However the scenery was beautiful! It was beginning to look like Christmas! "Christmas Trees" as my children call them, were everywhere along the side of the road. They had the nice frosted snow look on all the branches. It was beautiful!
I love New Mexico snow. When we lived in Utah the winters seemed so long! It would snow and snow and then be stuck on the ground and never melt. There would be piles of black ugly snow around town because of the plowing and I don't remember a winter where that ever changed. It was cold and miserable. AND I know.... Utah isn't all that bad to compared to other places but for this desert rat who grew up with NO snow in winters... Utah was hard for me.
New Mexico snow though... oh I love it! 2 hour delays if it just snows a tiny little bit. It's a bit ridiculous but I'll take it! I love the beautiful snow that comes. We returned home to a winter wonderland this weekend. Snow was everywhere. It was clean, white and bright and the kids were so excited! We went out and built a snow man in the back yard and exchanged a few tosses of snow balls at each other. It was fun memories and lots of joy.
The BEST thing about NM snow is that it doesn't last long! YAY!!! The roads melt away within the day. We might find patches of snow here or there that the sun couldn't find but for the most part everything melts really quickly. The sun shines in the winter! I couldn't be more grateful for that. I love that we can experience the cold and falling snow. I'm grateful we get to experience winter and enjoy those activities that go with it. But I'm even more grateful that the sun shines and melts it all away after a couple days. For me it is the perfect weather. I love it!
No comments:
Post a Comment