His Hands - Words and Music by Kenneth Cope
His hands, tools of creation, stronger than nations, power without end, And yet through them, we find our truest friend. His hands, sermons of kindness, healing men's blindness, halting years of pain, Children waiting to be held again.
His hands would serve His whole life through, showing man what hands might do, giving, ever giving endlessly. Each day was filled with selflessness and I'll not rest 'til I make of my hands what they could be, 'Til these hands become like those from Galilee.
His hands, warning a beggar, lifting a leper, calling back the dead, Breaking bread, five thousand fed.
His hands, hushing contention, pointing to heaven, ever free of sin, Then bidding men to follow Him.
His hands would serve His whole life through, showing man that hands might do, giving, ever giving endlessly. Each day was filled with selflessness and I'll not rest 'til I make of my hands what they could be, 'Til these hands become like those from Galilee.
His hands clasp in agony as He lay pleading bleeding in the garden, While must moments away other hands betray Him out of greed, shameful greed. And then His hand are trembling, straining to carry the beam that they'd be nailed to, As He stumbles through the streets heading or the hill on which He'd die, He would die.
They take His hands, His mighty hands, those gentle hands, And then they pierce them, they pierce them, He lets them because of love. From birth to death was selflessness and clearly now I see Him with His Hands calling to me, And though I'm not yet as I would be, He has shown me how I could be. I will make my hands like those from Galilee.
I'm so very grateful for my hands. My hands do a lot... I'll get to more on that in a minute.
This year started out with trials and it continues to this day. Several things have happened in my life recently that I like to call growing moments. Really hard choices, some confusion, life changing moments.
In January we went to the temple to search out answers. To find help and guidance. I was expecting to get answers and hope for our future. However, my prayers were answered in a different way than I was expecting. A phrase that I heard over and over and over as I did the work was about my hands. My hands? It had nothing to do with the problem we were facing. But my hands is what stuck the whole time we were there. Not the answer I would have ever guessed. I did leave the temple with hope and peace but still not an exact answer. I had some pondering to do.
Since then more trials have come. Life is hard sometimes.
I have been so blessed throughout this time though. Pondering my hands and what they do. My hands do A LOT! When I took the time to pay attention of what my hands actually do in a days time... it's A LOT! Put that over a course of a week, month, year... I can only be more grateful for my hands. My hands do a lot of good. It was a blessing to recognize my choices I was making and my hands were involved in those actions. Seriously pay attention and make a note in your head of just 1 day of all the things your hands do. It taught me some things.
It taught me all the good that I was doing. I needed that reminder.
It taught me that I comfort my children using my hands. Holding them, brushing their hair, wiping tears away, playing with them.
It taught me that I love with my hands. Tickling a back or tummy, squeezing a hand, making them smile.
It taught me that I work and give much of my time to work.
It taught me of the things that I needed to change. I have heard the song I typed aove, before but I just ran across my piano music of it. I played and sung the words. It was what I needed today.
From birth to death was selflessness and clearly now I see Him with His Hands calling to me, And though I'm not yet as I would be, He has shown me how I could be. I will make my hands like those from Galilee.
This I know. If we ask our Heavenly Father in whatsoever thing we need. He will answer and it will be the most perfect answer. I know that our Savior, Jesus Christ, lifts and comforts us with His hands. We learn line upon line, precept upon precept. Take what we know and move forward in the growing process.
My favorite scripture is Alma 7:23-24
And now I would that ye should be humble, and be submissive and gentle; easy to be entreated; full of patience and long-suffering; being temperate in all things; being diligent in keeping the commandments of God at all times; asking for whatsoever things ye stand in need, both spiritual and temporal; always returning thanks unto God for whatsoever things ye do receive.
And see that ye have faith, hope and charity, and then ye shall always abound in good works.
I look to this scripture and love this scripture. It is so full of hope and love. We have a loving Heavenly Father. We have a loving brother who did atone for us. He covers everything in our lives. I know that as I try to live this scripture that I'm blessed beyond measure. Is that hard to do sometimes? Of course. There have been many questions and decisions, especially these last 2 weeks! We are needing a lot of faith right now. Faith in the Lord and faith in other people. We hope for the best but I know everything will work out no matter what the outcome is. He always takes care of us. It's okay to ask questions. He will answer. Just listen to the answer and be willing to do what is asked. That is sometimes hard. It will be a blessing if you do.
As I was reading my scriptures, I read a scripture that became a personal meaning to me. This won't be the exact scripture but a ponderized version.... Jacob 3:1 Look unto God with firmness of mind, and pray unto Him with exceeding faith, and He will console you in your afflictions and he will plead your cause. I believe these words.
My hands are used to pray. I'm learning that this is one of the greatest things I can teach my children to use their hands for. What a blessing. Hands are wonderful and I'm grateful that I have 2.
No comments:
Post a Comment