Sunday, January 3, 2016

New Beginings (1-2-16)

Today we were able to attend Donna's baptism. It was such a beautiful service and the spirit was present in the room. I'm so grateful that my children were able to be there with us. Seth was so intrigued with the baptism. He wouldn't take his eyes off of what was happening. He was so quiet... which isn't normal for him. He knew this was important, everyone in the room did. All the kids watched as Donna made these special covenants with her Heavenly Father.

For my children, these covenants that you will make at baptism are:

1- Take upon you the name of Jesus Christ
2- Always remember Him
3- Keep His Commandments
4- Endure to the End

In return Heavenly Father's covenant is that you can have the Holy Ghost with you always.

The GIFT of the Holy Ghost is truly a wonderful gift and blessing. I often feel the Holy Ghost in my life. He is a comforter. He brings peace into my life. The Holy Ghost also testifies of Jesus Christ. The way I feel the Holy Ghost when He is testifying is my heart starts beating fast. I get really excited and there is a swelling in my chest. I love that feeling. There is no denying the truth when I have that feeling with me. The other way I feel the Holy Ghost is by thoughts that come to my mind. When I follow those promptings they have blessed my life and sometimes the lives of others. Having the gift of the Holy Ghost allows that feeling to be a constant companion if you are keeping your end of the covenant.

Donna's story is inspiring to me. I won't post it because I don't have her permission to share online but I will share what I love about it. She was searching for truth. She knew she wanted to come closer to her Lord. The path she has taken in the last 2 years to do that has been hard work for her. But it was a testimony to me that the Lord does prepare people to hear the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Donna only started taking the discussions the beginning of December. She has been soaking in everything she can from the missionaries; along with asking questions and dealing with trails. There was opposition in her decisions of being baptized. She was able to make that choice for herself because of the Holy Ghost and personal revelation that she received. She knew what she was doing was right.

A new beginning in her life. I felt it was so fitting for the start of 2016. What a perfect Saturday. The start of a new year. I love a new start. I love New Years just for the excitement and hope that it brings to me. The hope to become a better person. The hope to learn new things. The hope to experience another year with loved ones. I love that I get to reflect on the past year and look forward to the future. I love to see the progress or in some cases, the no progress. (hey it happens to everyone!) I also feel the New Year is a fresh start. A time to focus on weaknesses along with focusing on my strengths. My goal this year is TIME. I'll explain in my next post on another day. For now, I'm grateful for new beginnings. I'm grateful for a New Year. Here is high hopes to a great 2016! I hope everyone has a great year full of great plans and goals. Happy New Year!

No comments: